Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:31:00
USB Turntable Vinyl to MP3
The ION USB deck turns the past into the future. A remarkably rapid march of time has seen the media for music transformed from vinyl to tape to CD and now to MP3. In the headlong rush there's a lot of music that's been left behind, which is where this brilliant piece of kit comes in. Whether you've a stack of old 45s, 33s or even 78s (gawd bless you), you can now convert them to MP3s with this USB Turntable.
Obviously it works like any regular turntable, but plug a USB cable into the back of it and then into your computer, and with the software provided you can convert your vinyl into WAV, WMV and MP3s. You can even plug a tape deck into an auxiliary port and convert your old cassettes.
The software makes the transition easy to manage, and is also bundled with a trial version of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring crackly tracks. It was so nice to get out some of our old vinyls that we hadn't listened to in years, and then pop them into our iPods to take around with us. The conversion of an album is done all in one go, you simply split up the tracks and name them, and you can even record them at double speed to save time and the software will convert them back to 'real' time. It was such a joy to dust off our vinyl and bring it back to life after all these years - we ended up listening to albums we hadn't heard in years.
The ION USB turntable includes Audacity software for Mac/PC for recording as well as a trial of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring vinyl.
This product is compatible with any software that supports USB audio input sound cards - simply plug it into a spare USB port - it requires no special drivers for Windows (98,2000,XP) or Mac (OS9 and above).
- A super sleek adjustable pitch belt drive turntable.
- The turntable includes: -
- A slipmat
- A counterweight
- A platter (no, not for your dinner)
- A USB cable
- A pre-mounted cartridge with Stylus.
- Includes Audacity software for Mac/PC recording as well as a trial of Bias Soundsoap 2 for cleaning and restoring vinyl.
- Line level RCA outputs to connect up to your stereo
- 33 and 45 RPM Buttons (78's are played at 33 and then converted by the software).
- Adjustable Anti-Skating control for increased stereo balancing
- High speed vinyl recording
- A CD with Mac/PC Recording Software.
- Full instruction manual.
- Suitable for ages 12 years+.
- Requires a PC running Windows 98, 2000, XP, a MAC running OS9 or higher and a USB port 1.1 or higher.
- The USB Turntable is compatible with any software that supports USB audio input sound cards - simply plug it into a spare USB port - it requires no special drivers for Windows (98,2000,XP) or Mac (OS9 and above).
- Please note that the turntable is not compatible with Macs with Pentium chips.
- Size: - Product weight: 12lbs
- Turntable: 42 x 37 x 14.
By default the turntable converts tracks to WAV (high quality uncompressed) files. To convert the WAV files to mp3, you can download the free software that the program points you to or alternatively we here at IWOOT tend to use Acoustica Plus for all our music file conversions, because it's an excellent multi-format music file converter that works direct through windows explorer, and is well worth the ten or so quid it costs.